Teach With Us
Interested in teaching with us? We work hard to cultivate a community that values inclusivity, transparency, openness, and communication.
We’re a teacher forward company and want our teachers to be creative, teach the types of classes that speak to them, and be successful. We believe that teachers and students alike will thrive in an environment that offers a variety of class types where instructors are teaching the way they love to practice themselves.
BELOW ARE JUST SOME OF THE BENEFITS OUR TEACHERS ENJOY:
- Teachers aren’t just teachers – they are profit sharing partners in the business. That means we pool ALL of the profits the company makes, and everyone is paid out based on the percentage of the company they own.
- The founder is always available for conversations. We have an open door policy and always want to hear suggestions and ideas from our partners! We want everyone to think of this company as a collaboration.
- Each partner gets their own capital account and every month it is updated with a birds-eye view of how the company did that month: gross profit, net profit, expenses, their percentage, the amount they earned that month, the cumulative amount they’ve earned, and so on.
- We find that our unique way of running the business empowers our partners to really take ownership and support each other. There’s never any competition between teachers, only working together towards a mutual vision.
- Each quarter all of the partners meet and we share our books. We go line by line to go over all of our profits & expenses so everyone is always looped in.
- Have an idea for a specialty class you’d like to teach? Pitch it to us! Whether it’s women only classes, LGBTQI+ classes, BIPOC classes, body positive classes, maternity classes, or any other specialty class. We give most ideas a try and will collaborate with you to market to your community and do everything we can to support you.
OTHER “GOOD TO KNOWS”:
- Everyone working hard on studio management, marketing, payroll, finance, and operations make their salaries based off of percentages of net revenue as well so truly, the better one person does, the better we all do. Let’s all support each other and lift each other up!
- All of our partners and substitute teachers receive a copy of our teaching handbook as well as our employee handbook so everyone, at every level of the company, is held accountable.
- We have a zero harassment policy and a zero discrimination policy. Everyone must complete harassment training prior to teaching, to ensure a safe space for all.
Those interested in joining our team are asked to audition. Sometimes we’ll start new teachers off on our sub list as a type of “extended interview.” Think of this as a chance for us to get to know what it’s like working with you and you to get to know what it’s like working with us before you become a profit sharing partner in our company. Our sub list teachers tend to get tons of classes so there will be plenty of opportunity to teach this way. While we regret that we are unable to bring on all who audition, we do promise to give a fair audition process.
If you’re interested in auditioning, please email us at email@example.com.
Want to run a workshop? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation. Workshops will be split 50/50 with the studio.